We do not cover (across all policies), claims arising due to:
- Foreseeable, intended, or expected events
- Your failure to provide a full and accurate medical declaration
- Drug or alcohol abuse/misuse
- Suicide attempts or self-injury
- Travelling against the advice of a medical professional
- Travelling against the orders/advice of any government/public authority
- Your failure to obtain the correct documents required to travel (ie. passports, visas, ESTAs)
- Treatment in a private medical facility, unless the available public facilities are not medically capable
- Your disinclination to travel
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and each policy contains its own section for general conditions and/or exclusions.
If you have a non-travelling relative, close business associate, or person living abroad that you were intending to stay with, who has an existing medical condition (or complication caused by their condition), we would not be able to provide cover for any claims you might make as a result of their condition. This basically means that we can only cover the pre-existing medical conditions for the travellers listed on your policy.