Insurance Premium Tax is a type of tax which applies to all general insurance premiums, which are not subject to Value Added Tax (VAT). IPT is set at 20%, in line with VAT.
Articles in this section
- Can I claim on my policy, as well as cancel the policy?
- How far in advance can I book a Single Trip travel insurance policy?
- Can I remove someone from my policy if they are no longer travelling?
- Can I add a traveller to the policy after I've bought it?
- What is an EHIC/GHIC?
- If I buy an Annual Multi-Trip policy, am I covered straight away?
- Do I have to enrol in Medicare if I'm going to Australia?
- Is there any cover for pet care on your policies?
- Do you cover natural disasters or natural catastrophes?
- Am I covered if my passport/travel documents are lost/stolen while I'm abroad?