Our policies are not designed to be used as private medical insurance. On this basis, there is no cover for medical expenses incurred in private medical facilities, if medically capable public/state facilities are available. Remember, you are only covered in the event of an unavoidable, unexpected medical emergency.
Articles in this section
- Do your policies provide cover for cosmetic surgery?
- Can I book my travel insurance if I am currently deemed Unfit to travel by a medical professional?
- What do I do if I need medical help in New Zealand?
- Can I get cover for a terminal prognosis?
- Do your policies provide cover for emergency dental treatment?
- What do I do if I have a medical emergency abroad?
- If my travelling companion becomes unfit to travel while we’re abroad, can I stay with them until they are fit to travel?
- Do I need to declare all of my Pre-existing Medical Conditions?
- Do I have to declare everything in the last 2 years?
- Am I able to exclude cover for any or all of my medical conditions?